Master of Buddhism Course

This is a blog for the course comments from the Master of Buddhism course through the Universal Life Church Seminary.
The course can be found at Buddhism Course.

Monday, July 30, 2012

Buddhism Lesson 5 answers

1. I find it a little unsettling, as I do not know how much bad karma I have carried over, and how this will affect my future ,in which class i am re-birthed. can I ever atone enough, or how many lives must be lived to atone before entering Nirvana? of course, we all strive to do good, but we can never be sure if our actions are major or minor misdeeds.

2. Yes, most people I know belong to the hungry ghosts. a few i have known have belonged to each group, but very few, in this life-time, have i known to belong to the Gods.

3.  I think that the biggest difference is that with Buddhism, you have a chance at re-birth and the possibility to move up and out of hell. with Christianity, it seems once committed, you are in hell forever and a day.

wayne cuthbert
Universal Life Church

No comments:

Post a Comment