Master of Buddhism Course

This is a blog for the course comments from the Master of Buddhism course through the Universal Life Church Seminary.
The course can be found at Buddhism Course.

Monday, July 30, 2012

Buddhism lesson 7 by Rev. Wayne

1. Yes, it could be a teacher if we learn how to live our remaining life to the fullest, and know that we have reflected on death, accepted it, and do our best for a better rebirth.

2. One can plan for the end and remove the mystique and fear of dying.  however, too much reflection on death could make you morbid and take too much valuable time and effort away from concentrating on a positive remaining life.

3.  I have converted to Pure Land Buddhism, which teaches there are no rebirths , as Amida absolves all karma,if you make it to the Western Pure Land. Personally, i am believing in my Nembutsu and know that i will be accepted by Amida Buddha. i know what will happen when and after i die, as Amida, Kannon and Seishi will take me to the Pure Land. this i believe unconditionally, therefore what is more important to me is the here and now, so that i can enjoy my time here and  plan for my Birth, not rebirth, when the time comes. on a different note, I thank you so much for this course as it motivated me to learn more. i live in japan with my japanese family, and have reached out and accepted the teachings of Jodo Shu Buddhism. the catalyst certainly came from your wonderful course, so a big thank you from me.

Wayne Cuthbert
Universal Life Church

No comments:

Post a Comment