Master of Buddhism Course

This is a blog for the course comments from the Master of Buddhism course through the Universal Life Church Seminary.
The course can be found at Buddhism Course.

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Final essay Druidism

FINAL ESSAY
DRUIDISM
What an interesting discourse!  I enjoyed that the lessons utilized a variety of authors, giving different perspectives, opinions and expressions of Druidism.  The overview was one of the traditions language and history of the Druid clans.  I did notice there is similarity between the celebration of holidays between the Druids and the Pagan practices.  It does seem like the modern day Druids, especially in America have turned towards the folly of the celebrations, maybe not the seriousness of the 'old days'.  The history of the Druids is also left to interpretation due to the lack of documentation.  It is not easy to grasp the real life style of how these people went about their daily living.  Their gods/goddess are brought to life by the holidays they celebrated.   I would have enjoyed being part of the simple life, the closeness of the clan and the strong support to Mother Earth, respecting all living animal and plants, showing concern for the environment.  I see a correlation between this idealism and the Native Americans.  Would it not be wonderful if this concept was shared in the present day!
My personal curiosity on Druidism stems from my heritage of being Irish.  My grandfather came from Cork County as a child to America.  He was a proud Irishman, and in hind sight I now wish I could have learned more from him regarding his heritage.  At one time I had a past life regression, one of my previous lives was served as a seer within the Druidism culture.  I also worked the Templars as a seer.  In this time frame I was well respected and protected by the Templar's for my abilities.  For these two reasons I was drawn to experience this discourse to learn more and to see if any of the information brought back a memory for me of my past life.  Each week I read new information and yet at the same time I felt I already knew what was being lectured . . . interesting . . .
The one section I really enjoyed was the language and written words/symbols.  I made a set of divination sticks, using the Ogham alphabet with their meanings and interpretation.  I use these sticks regularly to receive guidance and am amazed at their accuracy.  I loved working with the lettering of Ogham and symbology.
My overall critique of the class is positive.  I was a little overwhelmed by the holidays and figures presented.  This class offered so much information and was very well presented.  Thank you for the opportunity to join in this class.
 
Rev. Constance J. Hitts



No comments:

Post a Comment